Wednesday, 29 January, 2020

Iran still pursuing complaint about ISA: Spokesman

Tehran has not backed off from pursuing a complaint about the US move to extend Iran Sanctions Act (ISA), Spokesman for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Behrouz Kamalvandi (AEOI) said on Sunday.

In an interview with IRINN, Kamalvandi said Iran has not dropped its compliant about the US breach of the the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) by extending ISA.

“We are still pursuing,” he noted, warning that Iran’s “serious reaction” will be shown after implementation of ISA.

In December 2016, the US Senate voted 99-0 to extend the ISA for another decade. The bill was passed by the House of Representatives nearly unanimously in November. The renewal of ISA took effect on December 15 with a procedural protest from President Barack Obama, who decided to let the legislation become law without his signature.

Nonetheless, the recent session of the JCPOA joint commission – a group tasked with monitoring commitments to the nuclear deal– ended with a press release that just “recognizes the US assurance” that ISA extension would not violate the nuclear accord.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani had already warned that implementation of ISA will constitute a “clear and flagrant violation of the JCPOA” and draw a “very harsh reaction” from Tehran.

Tasnim News

fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*